Our final release of 2018 brings a range of great updates and some handy new features to Viper. We’ve been working hard on a variety of changes based on your feedback, which we think you’ll love.
Along with the usual visual updates to make Viper look and feel even better, we’ve added a fantastic new feature: Projects. Our Projects feature allows you to group all the drafts of your work into a single project. Within the project, you can access any previous scans you’ve made of the same piece of work, allowing you to keep track of your plagiarism percentage as you complete your work. As you scan different pieces of work over time, each will have its own project. This allows Premium users to get matches against their past pieces of work. For more details, read our help article about Projects.
We’ve also listened to one of your major requests and increased the scanning limit for Viper. You can now scan much larger documents – up to approximately 100,000 words (specifically 600,000 characters). Finally, we’ve added support for two popular and often requested file types – you can now scan PDF files and PowerPoint Presentations – and much, much more!
- A brand-new feature, Projects, which allows Premium users to scan their current work against their past scans.
- Support for more file types: we’ve added PDF and PowerPoint Presentations!
- We increased the limit for documents to 600,000 characters from 89,000 characters. This means even the biggest PhDs and Dissertations will have no problem being scanned!
- We’ve improved our plagiarism report with better scores and percentages to make things even clearer. This includes an improved downloadable plagiarism report and faster report building in the background.
- Added a new copy/paste box for direct text entry – for those quick scans!
- Improved multi-upload support for easier bulk scanning of many documents at once.
- Added a new, more visual scanning progress bar. More colourful and easier to see your progress.
- You should find Viper much easier to use on your mobile device, with better mobile and tablet display and navigation.
- Improved processing speed for Word Documents and PDF result files.
- We completed a large behind the scenes overhaul of the scanning component of Viper, which means various improvements and fixes to minor issues encountered by some users.
- We fixed some bugs with what you see and what happens when Viper is experiencing problems.
- Fixed a bug when a new customer scanned a document and then tried to view results before it had completed.
- Fixed a bug when scanning documents built with a referencing helper.