The summer is here and with it arrives Version 1.7 of Viper. We’ve been working hard on some fantastic updates to the web app to make your scanning experience even better.
The biggest change you’ll notice is a refreshed look for Viper, with a design update in all areas of the app. We listened to user feedback to refine Viper and make it even easier to use!
We overhauled the documents list to make easier to view, especially for users who scan a lot of documents. Scans are sorted in order, but now display the date of scan, overall plagiarism score and category of file. If you’ve got lots of scans, you’ll also notice they are split into pages, so you don’t have to scroll through long lists to find what you’re looking for.
You asked, so we answered – search is now available! You can search your documents from anywhere in the app – just start typing your document’s name to see the results.
When viewing a scan result in the app, you’ll now see an improved layout and easy access to helpful information to interpret your overall plagiarism score. We also improved the plagiarism download report, with a new look (and more improvements to come).
- We added a new marketing component to make the benefits of buying premium credits clearer and easier.
- We tweaked the upload and scanning animations to be a little more visually appealing.
- We made the documents list look even better! We’ve added more information to each scan listed in the document list so it’s even more informative. You can now see the:
- scan date;
- category of file; and
- plagiarism percentage.
- We’ve added pagination to the documents list, so users who have scanned lots of documents don’t get swamped with too long a list!
- We added search functionality for your documents! Now you can search for scanned documents anywhere in the app – this is particularly handy for users who have lots of scans.
- We overhauled the document design to look better, with a cleaner look, popup information about interpreting the plagiarism score, and gentle animations to slide in results.
- Added a brand-new download report design based on user feedback, that more closely reflects the document design in-app. Matches and overall score have been moved to the left, and the explanatory information about how to interpret your report has been added.
- When making payment using Stripe, users would be prompted to re-enter their password. This has been removed.
- We’ve added an improved feedback survey and a version of the feedback survey in Spanish.
- Users attempting to make payment using an AMEX card were having issues. We’ve fixed this issue, so AMEX users should find making a card payment easier!
- Solved an issue where users had difficulty logging out on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect scanning button was showing for some users.
- Fixed an issue with refresh tokens that caused the app to hang for some users.
- Fixed a bug that caused components to load twice on hard-refresh.
- Fixed some bugs when registering with Google.
- Fixed a bug where users could upload work without selecting a category.
- Some users using Microsoft Edge were having issues with Viper. We fixed the bug causing this problem.